Marketing – Intern, Spring 2018
What we do
Florence (florencehc.com) helps advance cures by making clinical trial document management compliant and simple.
Successful clinical trials yield new therapies and improve the lives of patients around the world. Unfortunately, cumbersome tasks slow this process: According to Tufts University, workload has doubled in the last 10 years, much of it due to document and data management. The Florence eBinder Suite™ eliminates wasted documentation effort, allowing research teams to spend more time producing great research and caring for patients.
The Marketing Intern will:
- Connect with clinical trial sites around the world through email campaigns and other outreach methods to solve critical regulatory and source document management concerns with the Florence eBinder Suite™
- Conduct industry relevant research to provide insight into strategic outreach and content development best practices and landscape alignment for company success
Successful candidates will have marketing knowledge and a passion for improving healthcare through technology. Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to be “CEO of your job” in a fast-paced environment are critical.
This is a 20 hour/week commitment in Spring 2018. Hours are flexible around your schedule, and we will pay a stipend to help cover any expenses.
- Build something. Utilize relevant databases and processes to build target lists and increase prospecting efficiency
- Think campaigns. Help guide our campaign work for research sites and pharma
- Figure out what works. Draft and test outreach methods and messaging and increase prospecting yield
- Get out there. Research and understand current marketing methods in our industry to help develop outreach and content development best practices
- Help those advancing clinical research. Understand the market and our customer types to discern who would benefit from our solutions and how
- Work as a team. Partner with our Sales and Marketing teams in order to develop the right outreach solution for each customer type
- Create output. Set goals, break goals into manageable bites, and crush those goals!
- Help shape the path of the eBinder Suite™. Relay market realities to the product development team
Experience we seek
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in 2018 or 2019
- Ability to proactively seek and assess opportunities, plan, implement and evaluate results
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in marketing or as business development rep recommended (Also experience in healthcare, recommended but not required)
- Something special. Have something about you that makes us go wow
- You’re the outgoing one! In your life so far you’ve been the one leading the charge, planning the event and making the toast. Wallflowers need not apply.
- Experience training individuals new to technology
- Prior experience excelling in customer service
- Experience in marketing and/or product landscape research
What’s in it for you?
- Do good: We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping save lives.
- Work with the best: The Florence team is comprised of document management, clinical trial, and software security experts as well as doctors and Ironman triathletes. Our last company had over 600 medical center customers. Get on board, learn from and work with the best using the latest tech stack.
- Kick ass and take names: Make progress for the sake of cures. You’re the CEO of your job.
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please send your cover letter (see below) and resume with your name and phone number to email@example.com.
Cover letter must include specific examples of the following topics:
- Excellence: Describe a career or life experience where you exhibited excellence
- Leadership: Describe the leadership accomplishment of which you are most proud
- Why Florence? Tell us why you are interested in joining the Florence team